We proclaim that Reiss Davis Graduate School will be best supported in the pursuit of its mission and vision for the future by work that is diverse, inclusive, and focused on equity:
- Diverse: We assert that RDGS will be strengthened in its decision making by drawing on the skills, talents, and perspectives of all stakeholders and their diverse viewpoints that come from different life experiences and broad cultural backgrounds.
- Inclusive: We promote a culture of inclusiveness that ensures that all stakeholders are represented by bringing their perspectives, identities, and life experience to the institution. An inclusive RDGS culture welcomes and celebrates differences and ensures that all stakeholders are engaged, invested, and take part in sharing responsibility for the organization.
- Equity-Focused: We advance awareness of a societal context of inequality and aim at fostering decision processes that best prioritize resources with the goal to provide opportunities to all and avoid unintentional biases that can lead to flawed strategies.
Diversity and INclusion Task Force (DITF) Reports
The School's Core Values were developed through A stakeholder process that included Students, FAculty, STaff, and the Board:
- Compassion: A commitment to act toward all in a spirit of empathy, caring, justice, and respect.
- Excellence: A commitment to high expectations with accountability and creativity; to develop life-long learners who contribute to our professional mental-health community.
- Inclusion: A commitment to respect the distinct abilities, talents, perspectives, and skills of all through awareness of self and others.
- Integrity: A commitment to act authentically with truth, honesty, professionalism, and transparency.